Set The Pace Against Gynaecological Cancers
Interested to join your peers for the Awareness Run at ESGO 2017 Vienna?
Register now for the ESGO Run to promote a healthy life style, raise awareness and beat women cancers!
Saturday November 4, 2017
Already registered to the ESGO Congress?
You can still reserve your place at the Run...
Not a runner? Come to support your peers!
Instructions for Participants
When: Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 7.15 am
Where: Der Donaupark
Meeting point: Carl-Auböck-Promenade 164 (Across the street from Austria Center Vienna at 7:00 AM)
Please read the instructions below carefully to ensure everyone enjoys the race.
- Prior to the race, all runners will meet at the meeting point and will be provided with a t-shirt.
- The race length be a total of 5 km. Stewards will be positioned along the route should you require any assistance.
- All races will start promptly at the time and water will be provided at the finish line.
Please note pre-registration is required in order to receive the race t-shirt and number.
- You can also register at the congress venue on Friday, November 3, from 15:00 to 18:00.
- There is no inscription fee for the Run but small donations to support ESGO’s prevention activities are welcome.
- Already registered? You can pick up your Awareness Run t-shirt and reusable bottle on Friday November 3, between 15:00-18:00 with your registration kit.
Special trophies for the man and woman race winners will be awarded at the Opening Ceremony.
Above all - enjoy the run!
1st Awareness Run
300+ ESGO 2015 Congress attendees
Set the Pace against Cervical Cancer
ESGO organised its first Awareness Run prior to the opening of the 19th congress, to raise awareness on early detection of Cervical Cancer and HPV vaccination programmes through a run activity to encourage a healthy life style, which directly affects the gynaecological cancer incidents.
Over 300 international gynaecological Oncology experts, joined the five kilometre run along Nice's blue coastline, Promenade des Anglais, to raise public awareness and set the pace against cervical cancer together with ESGO Council and ESGO 19th congress committee members.