Dear ENGAGe Members,
We hope that you, your family, and all of the members in your organisation are well and safe!
The situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is very hard for all of us. We at ENGAGe want to keep in touch with you regularly and also hear how you are doing.
As you know, patient voices are always necessary, not only for ENGAGe but for everyone to hear. But our voices take on a new importance in this COVID-19 pandemic. We want to hear from patients—how are you, what are you feeling, what are your fears, are you in isolation, how are you handling the situation?
Therefore, as many of you already know, we created a survey, to learn more about your feelings and attitudes. If you haven´t taken the survey yet, we would like to encourage you to complete it. Please also share this survey with gynaecological cancer patients (ovarian, cervical, endometrial, rare cancer) in your circles and with the doctors caring for them (surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists) in your country. Participation in this study is completely voluntary.
The last day to take the survey is May 29, 2020.
Find more information about the survey here.
We would like to reassure you that ESGO and ENGAGe are working closely together during the COVID-19 crisis. You have already received the letter of support from ESGO President Philippe Morice and ESGO Vice-President Nicole Concin.
Another wave of support is coming to you in the form of video messages from ESGO members who are clinicians. We are posting them here.
We would also like to inform you about our recently finished projects and ones we are currently planning for you.
- At its last meeting, the EEG prepared new ENGAGe Vision and Mission
- The What should you ask the doctor? brochure is complete and can be downloaded from the ENGAGe website.
- The newly established patient committees have started to work! If you want to join any of them, please, get back to us!
- We are proud of all our ENGAGe members. We feel like a family, and we want to show it to the world! As a sign of our togetherness, we have created a badge you can use on your website to proudly display your membership in ENGAGe. Please download the image and upload it on your site.
- We are planning a series of webinars for you.
- The first will be about preparations for World GO Day 2020. The webinar will be held on June 4 at 17:00 CEST. All ENGAGe members will receive a registration application soon. To know more, visit this link.
- The next will be held July 15. Representatives of two member organisations, Loto onlus (Manuela Bignami) from Italy and Georgia Patient's Union (Eka Sanikidze) from Georgia, will present their associations’ projects. If you would like to present your projects at a future webinar, please let us know.
- There will also be a series of patient focus group meetings between patients and representatives of pharma companies. The aim of this project is to bring the personal side of the disease closer to the professional one. This will help us reach our goals relating to prevention and cures. To learn more about this project or how you can participate, please contact us.If you have any questions about our projects or would like to discuss how you can participate more in ENGAGe initiatives, please get in touch!
Thank you very much for your help and cooperation.
Icó Tóth & Murat Gultekin & EEG